If you would like to be part of our NWACANotes discussion group at Yahoo Groups, click on the link below. This list is for general communication among neighbors in the NWACA area, for messages of a general interest including discussions and opinions on issues affecting the neighborhood. The following types of messages are also acceptable:
1) Announcements of neighborhood events
2) Requests for information
3) Requests for advice on services, either commercial or volunteer
4) Requests for volunteers for activity within the neighborhood
5) Positive suggestions for improving the neighborhood
6) Service and trade recommendations, restaurant recommendations, items wanted, and garage sale notices.
Please do not post the following types of messages:
1) Insulting or inflammatory messages
2) One-on-one messages, messages to a specific individual, or "chat" between individuals
3) Messages which are intended to promote a business, unless the message is in response to a specific request for a service or product
4) A discussion of issues not related to our neighborhood
In general, follow these netiquette guidelines:
Users who violate these guidelines are subject to a warning from the moderator and removal from the group.
You will receive an email from Yahoo Groups to confirm your request to join NWACANotes, with two options.
you take the first option, you have the most control over your use of this
Yahoo Group, but you also need to have (or establish) a Yahoo login ID. For
this option, click on the link provided, and you will be taken to the Yahoo
home page for NWACANotes, where you click on the button near the bottom that
says JOIN THIS GROUP. [Ignore the comments there about polls, files, photos,
and the alternate message about joining a mailing list instead.] You are then
given the opportunity to log in or create an ID and adjust your preferences on
how you interact with this group. Many Yahoo Group members prefer their message delivery in a Daily Digest, so they get just one email each day with all of the messages included.
2. If you take the second option, you do not need a Yahoo login ID. You will have the default options for interacting with the group. That is, you get each individual email as it is sent to the group, and you cannot change your settings. If you want to make changes you need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make those changes for you (which we’re happy to do).